Dog Food Ground Round Beef Recipe
This recipe is for healthy dogs with no illness such as Pancreatitis.
- 1 pound ground round meat, sautéed in Olive oil
- 2 boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked plain brown rice
- 1/2 package Cauliflower
- 1/2 package chopped cooked carrot
- 2 Tbs. low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tsp bone meal (can be bought at health food stores)
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet until browned and cooked all the way through Boil the eggs for 15 minutes and cool. When cooled, peal and chop the eggs and set aside. Cook the rice and let cool Steam the Cauliflower and carrots and chop when cool
- Make sure all ingredients are cooled then in a large bowl combine the ground beef, eggs, rice, vegetables and cottage cheese. Mix well and gauge how much your dog will eat and separate into separate portions. Keep the old dog food cans and use these as a measuring device so that you know how much your dog can be expected to eat. Remember this food is much more nutritious than what you get in commercial dog food so your dog will want more but don’t let him get fat eating too much.
- Keep about 3 days worth of food in the fridge and freeze the rest in individual plastic freezer bowls or bags.