Can Dogs Eat Raisins

Can Dogs Eat Raisins?

Dogs can’t eat raisins!

Though many people think of raisins as a good treat for dogs, this could not be further from the truth. Raisins can cause kidney failure, though we aren’t really sure why.

Symptoms of kidney failure in dogs can include vomiting, lethargy and depression.

Even a small amount of consumed raising can make your dog sick. Be sure to keep raisins off tables and counters or other places your dog may be able to reach that you don’t think about.

Signs of Raisin Toxicity in Dogs

If you suspect (or know) that your dog has eaten raising be aware of possible developing symptoms in the next 12-24 hours. You should take your dog to the vet immediately if you notice following symptoms:

  • Digestive upsets (vomiting and/or diarrhea)
  • Unwillingness to eat offered food (loss of appetite)
  • Higher rate of urination
  • Possible shivers
  • Dehydration (increased thirst)

What should you do if your dog has consumed raisins

You should phone your vet and explain the situation. In many cases you will need to take your dog to a veterinary station.

Will my dog survive if it ate raisins?

Take your dog to the veterinary. If your dog will receive prompt therapy and kidney function is not impaired the canine has very good chances of surviving. In some cases – if the amount of raising consumed is too high – the dog may not survive.