Dogs cant eat everything, especially walnuts

I’ve had dogs in my life since I was very young, our family dogs were huge cannines, usually breeds such as German Shepherds, Great Danes, Mastiffs, Rottweilers, Pyrenees, etc., and feeding them wasn’t really a big deal, they seemed to eat just about anything edible, processed commercial dog food and table scraps, they never had a health problem associated with their foods, and I never saw any of them vomit.

I now own a medium sized mixed shepherd breed that used to vomit regularly, not every day, but about twice a week. I was baffled, and I would take him to the vets office at least once a month, but the vet couldn’t find anything wrong with him. I got very frustrated, so I did some research of my own.

In my research I found that dogs have sensitive tummy’s too, it’s amazing to me because I’d never known a dog to have a sensitive tummy.

But I found out there are certain foods that dogs should absolutely not have because they can make your dog sick or at worst, kill your dog.

1. Chocolate is NEVER to be given, even in small amounts.

2. Grapes/raisins/currants is a big no-no,

3. Nuts (every kind especially walnuts) are also bad.

All of the above foods are only a few of the toxic foods you should never feed your dog. I won’t bore you with the scientific causes, just know not to feed it to your dog.

I’m into holistics and I was shocked to learn that nuts of any kind, especially walnuts were bad for my dog,and that’s what was making him vomit. I immediately stopped feeding him nuts and started him on an all raw natural, whole foods diet that included only raw meats and vegetables. This diet eliminated the toxins and poisons that had built up in his system because of the walnuts I was feeding him.

It took about 10 days for him to purge his system of the toxins, and I felt so guilty feeding him the walnuts I don’t buy walnuts for myself anymore, I don’t keep walnuts in the house !

He’s absolutely fine now and he hasn’t vomited in about a year. I’m so glad I did some research about this because dogs can’t eat everything – especially walnuts.