For a happy & loveable dog, neuter
Your male dog will appreciate the freedom you have given him in life through your decision to neuter. There are many behavioral and medical benefits to spaying and neutering your pet. You will also be doing your part in helping reduce this countries pet overpopulation problem. Millions of dogs and cats are euthanized each year because there are too many animals to adopt and not enough homes for them.
Below are some facts and medical benefits of neutering your male dog.
1. Your dog will have an 80% less chance of contracting Prostate Cancer.
2. Testicular Disease is practically eliminated.
3. Decrease in the desire to roam. Non-neutered male dogs can smell a female in heat up to a five mile radius and they will do just about anything to get to that female.
4. The desire to mark is eliminated. Non-neutered dogs feel the need to mark their territory to defend it from other dogs whether it is inside on your furniture or outside in your yard.
5. Decreased aggression against other animals. It decreases fights, thus saving you aggravation and expensive veterinary bills.
6. You will have a much calmer dog that is more motivated to please you rather than be preoccupied with undesirable sexual behavior.
7. The annoying problem of mounting the legs of children and adults is eliminated.
8. Dogs enter puberty around 6 months of age. Neutering is beneficial at any age but especially before your dog enters puberty. At puberty your dog will become more stuborn and protective so it is best to neuter before the negative behavioral problems start.
Below are some myths of neutering your male dog.
1. Neutering does not take away the male dogs ability to be a watch dog. He will be just as protective of his territory as he would be without the surgery.
2. Your dog will not become fat or lazy from the surgery. This will happen from too much food or not enough exercise.
3. The surgery will not hurt your dog. Neutering is a relatively painless procedure done by a licensed veterinarian.
Your dog will be free to love and please you and be a member of the family with improved health and behavior. Please do your part to help the millions of unwanted animals that are euthanized each year and neuter your male dog.